The Academic Resource Center provides the support of a trained learning specialist to undergraduate students. The learning specialist provides guidance to students experiencing difficulty with academic issues related to the transition to college. Students may request a one-on-one meeting with the learning specialist to help develop the skills needed to achieve success in their academic careers. Some of the skills covered during these appointments include time management, effective note-taking, critical textbook reading, organization, test taking, and learning strategies. Appointments with the learning specialist are subject to availability and based on a first come first serve basis.
- Students must be currently enrolled at the University of Miami
- Students can request a maximum of 1 learning specialist appointment per week, with a limit of 8 sessions per semester.
- Students must request appointments at least 24 hours in advance.
- Students must arrive to every session on time or notify the learning specialist if running late.
- Learning specialist will hold appointment slot for 10 minutes for students to arrive.